Composite bonding, also known as dental bonding or tooth bonding provide a suitable solution for minor damage or gaps in between the teeth. The treatment is done for filling chips, gaps between the teeth, fixing discoloration or fractures. A composite resin will then be attached to a tooth and shaped for restoring actual appearance. The color of resin is matched to your teeth so it appears like a natural part of the tooth. Composite bonding will enable to achieve your gorgeous smile. This blogpost discusses about 5 reasons at the time of opting for composite bonding than other treatment options.
- Composite bonding needs some preparation – The method involves where the tooth-colored composite resin will be applied to cracks, chips and other damage on the teeth for concealing it. Like dental crowns and veneers are prepared in the laboratory before being applied for similar purpose, the entire bonding procedure may usually be done in a single visit only. Bonding will not require much enamel of the tooth to be removed beforehand.
- Bonding is inexpensive in comparison to porcelain veneers – The delicacy of composite bonding makes it an adventurous option to porcelain veneers. Also called indirect veneers, they seem to be very expensive even for each tooth and should be performed by two dental visits. If there are problems with these veneers, then they should be completely replaced and composite bonding may be corrected easily through necessary repairs and further additions.
- Bonding can replicate natural color of the tooth – If you are thinking to choose silver fillings, then this kind of finish with metallic-look can be unpleasant. But by choosing composite bonding, the dentist will keep a note of the specific color of tooth and choose a resin that matches with natural teeth color.
- Bonding will not wear away much of the teeth – The preparations for composite bonding will consist of roughening the surface of teeth slightly so that your bonding material abides by it. Thus, the overall method requires removing tooth enamel among other cosmetic dentistry methods in which crowns and veneers are included. This makes composite bonding more reversible than the alternate treatment options, though you might not feel much inclined to get the treatment reversed in anyway.
- Bonded teeth may simply appear great – Composite bonding is usually done by the dental experts. You may select a cosmetic dentist who will perform composite bonding treatment in a way so that it is full of fun and relaxation. But composite bonding is not a suitable option for everyone and it is mainly suited for small-scale restoration of your teeth. Luckily, a reputed dentist will evaluate accurately whether or not you would be better suited to composite bonding or any other alternative.
Some options to composite bonding
- Dental veneers – A veneer is actually a thin mould that has been customised from porcelain and bonded to the front tooth surface. They may be used for covering the gaps in between the teeth where orthodontic procedure might not be suitable.
- Crowns – A crown is said to be a cap of tooth shape that has been placed over the entire visible part of the tooth. A crown makes you feel as well as function like the other teeth. If you want to have a porcelain crown, then it will be quite identical from the other teeth.
Both these options may lead to some kind of damage to the teeth. Veneers are considered to be a popular choice that may last for several years. Since they are made of porcelain, the tooth should be cut down for fitting properly which causes permanent damage. Similarly, for fitting a crown, the dentist will remove some healthy part of your tooth. Bonding is said to be less costly and quick method that can be repaired easily when broken or damaged.
It is suggested that you talk to a dentist about all your possible options. They can give advice on whether composite bonding is the right treatment option for your case. Alternatively, you may book an appointment for composite bonding in London and the dentist will be more than happy to answer all your queries at the clinic.