As we speak, Invisalign is topping the chart as a widely used teeth alignment option on the market. If you don’t know, Invisalign treatment brings quite the excitement. Have you been thinking about what could come out of using Invisalign? If yes, then this blog is for you. In here, you will discover our leading 5 tips as regards Invisalign and ways you can apply them to get a better smile.
- When using Invisalign, ensure you drink water: It is no joke when at an Invisalign consultation, the orthodontist tells you to drink only water. This is very critical. Should you feel like having a cup of coffee or any other drink except water, please remove your aligners before doing so. Why?
The Invisalign braces will get stained when you consume drinks like white wine, red wine, and beverages such as coffee and tea. The sugar in these drinks can get trapped between your aligners, form bacteria and eventually trigger different dental problems.
- Keep your aligners inside your mouth for 22 hours every day: Commitment is the heartbeat of Invisalign performance! Should you be getting clear aligners, there is a need to be serious about wearing them for 22 hours each day throughout the treatment. You don’t have to compromise the wearing time of Invisalign if you need the best results. It is going to take time, energy, and consciousness to get the most out of your treatment. Be prepared to give it all it takes.
- Take daily flossing serious: Primary dental care is paramount even as you take that step towards a brighter smile. Flossing will take out entrapped food particles between your teeth and inside the mouth. You should floss at least one time in a day. Even as you floss, of course, you shouldn’t forget the place of brushing your teeth too. Your dental hygiene during Invisalign treatment is critical to getting a result.
- Your aligners should be kept clean: There is a guideline you should follow to keep your Invisalign braces clean and spotless. Remember, it is a dental appliance worn over the teeth. What people see when you open your mouth are the tooth-like trays. They should look neat.
Orthodontists that are experienced may recommend that you use warm water and antibacterial soap to keep the aligners clean. What about toothpaste? It may sound great to use toothpaste for this procedure, but toothpaste is not recommended. This is because they contain toxic ingredients that can put the aligners in harm’s way and create pores that allow for the growth of bacteria.
Your orthodontist will give you all the necessary instructions on how to clean Invisalign aligners. Do well to adhere to these instructions to avoid problems like change in colour and others.
Rinsing your aligners is also essential. Each time you take them out to eat or drink anything other than water, rinse the aligners thoroughly so that food particles and bacteria don’t thrive between them.
- Whitening toothpaste should be used: There have been reports that Invisalign patients who used whitening toothpaste at the time of their treatment were seeing white, clean teeth and aligners. The reason for this is mainly because the trays play the role of suspending the active ingredient in the whitening toothpaste on the teeth for a long time.
Invisalign is a great option that brings amazing results when used according to the treatment plan. There are so many other tips that can help you enjoy the benefits of Invisalign, aside from the ones that have been discussed here. All you need to do is follow the guidelines religiously, and you will be having the best smile in no time.
When it comes to cleaning and maintaining Invisalign, you can visit the Invisalign website to learn more on how to live with Invisalign. Should you be looking for the best Invisalign provider in London, you can visit at Adult Braces Clinic for a consultation. We have highly trained and experienced dentists and orthodontists that will perform a thorough examination on your teeth.